aSpeedCam ScannerAir is an advanced vehicle digital dashboard featured by HUD mode and fully compatible with FoxyTag FIXED AND MOBILE SPEED CAMERAS DATABASE.
After registering you will be able to participate by signaling new cameras or by confirming existing ones. You would create trust links with the other users and benefit from more reliable information. This collaborative model makes that FoxyTag is today the most complete and up to date speed camera database in the world.
Of course, registering with FoxyTag.com is free. FoxyTag system works worldwide.
aSpeedCam ScannerAir visualizies your
- current speed
- average speed,
- current distance to the trip starting point,
- trip elapsed time,
- distance/time/direction to stored Home location,
- maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance to starting point.
Also it shows
- positions of the nearest known speed cameras within an adjustable range;
- color coded distance to the nearest known speed camera;
it's direction (if known);
On approach aSpeedCam ScannerAir will give you sound and visual warning.
- You can create and save the driving routes (Google Directions service is used - the same as for the standard Map application) to follow them later. Application will display your current position on the route and display the route on the map.
Every route is saved in the application database, so you don't need to re-create it every time application starts up. You can email the driving instructions for the saved route to any email address.
- Tapping the "HUD" icon mirrors all the text, so if you position the iPhone horizontally under your car's windscreen you can see perfectly readable half-transparent reflection of the picture displayed.
We love this mode! We found it much more convenient compared to traditional car dashboards.
Note: this mode works pretty well at night time and twilight, but on direct sunlight the screen brightness can be insufficient.
- aSpeedCam Scanner can keep track on 4 speed limits, giving a warning (sound and visual) each time you crossing it. Normally, it's legal speed limits within cities, local roads and high-speed motorways. "Never exceed speed" is the speed you should not exceed under any conditions. For example, it can be a technical limit of your vehicle or the point where government can arrest your driving license.
- You can skip/rewind/play/pause your music items in your current iPod playlist.
- Tap the speed indicator to switch into speed fullscreen mode.
- Cameras sensitivity level is adjustable. You can select different options to show/hide cameras depending on your and cameras heading.
- You can choose between 5 different color themes.
- Google Street, Satellite and Hybrid maps supported.
- Landscape and portrait screen modes.
- Speed history log chart.
- Several sound options.
- "Records" screen (left upper button on the Location Info screen), where you can see your maximum reached speed (during the current trip or all of your trips), maximum altitude and maximum distance from start.
- You can specify different measurement units (km/h, mph, knots and meters per second), display color scheme, log type sounds and more.
- Location Info (longitude and latitude, GPS measurement precision) and some more data is available on separate screen.
IMPORTANT: this features list in not complete. Please visit the product page for more info!
Limitations: The program is running only on GPS-enabled iPhones 3G/3GS/4 with iPhone OS 4.0 or higher. No iPod Touch, 1st-generation iPhones or minor OS versions supported.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality! THE BEST AND FASTEST WAY TO CONTACT US IS SENDING YOUR REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS to firstname.lastname@example.org. WE ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN DIALOG, what is not possible when you leaving the bug-report as AppStore review.